Sunday, April 12, 2009
Amazing Easter Sunday!!
How to explain my renewed appreciation for what this day means! We started Easter with a sunrise service. Oh is Africa beautiful in the morning outside our porch. We taught Sunday school for the youth kids then went to worship. Worship overwhelmed me and I started crying. The kids looked at me as if they had never seen anyone cry before and I actually had to leave the room for a moment. We sang some of the same praise and worship songs as we do in the States. Well it is time for bed and I am really tired. And YES I took a Nappy Nap this afternoon. Wes no I have not ridden an elephant yet nor will I get the opportunity. No elephants in this area but there are hyradx! Love to all my family and friends, Jyradx (will explain later!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Girl! I will let Wes know you will not get that elephant ride! Easter service here was wonderful too - we had over 3500 people show up to Verizon, God showed up big time too by providing a beautiful day, no technical difficulties and over $1800 raised by Meckids alone to give to our local charities. It was such an awesome day - maybe no comparison to Easter in Africa but I think it was pretty amazing! I am glad I stood my ground and drug the hub back from the beach so we could be there. I miss you and I will go on search for reduced Reeses' PB eggs just for you! I know you are craving them! Love you bunches and praying for you hard - can't wait to you come home - I am having conversational withdrawal! =) Christian
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Jenn...I am so proud of you!!! Glad to hear this trip is proving to be an exciting adventure for you. Know you can't wait to get back to NSC...haha! Don't change your mind and decide not to come back. Lunches have been very boring. Don't forget your walking shoes Monday or you will be walking in your work shoes!!! Miss ya bunches and await your return. Much Love, KIM
ReplyDeletePS I've been printing off your blogs for everyone to read. They all say HELLO also. Next Wednesday we are being taken to lunch at Golden Corral for Administrative Professional Day.