Thursday, April 9, 2009

Just another normal Thursday

Wow today was our second day of clinic. Me with my numerous medical skills have really come in handy! Actually I have been counting pills for the pharmacy in my lull periods. I am working registration and have an intrepretor, Acrum. Acrum is 13, and we are becoming wonderful friends. It is breaking my heart the number of kids who are coming in without parents who have walked miles. Yesterday there was a 7 yr old boy who carried his 4 yr old sister on his back. We have to make one of the siblings go back and get a parent or relative in order for us to be able to treat them.

I am having the time of my life as I knew I would. I am so thankful I followed God's will. I have thouroughly enjoyed my notes of encouragement, I am opening them one each day. Peace out from Africa!

Jennifer (here my name is Auntie Jennifer. All women are called Aunties)

1 comment:

  1. well, auntie jennifer, i am so excited to hear all that God is doing through your team! i cry everytime i read the posts. you rock my face off and i can't wait to hug your neck and hear more!! loving you from USA, mel

    ReplyDelete