Some of us went to the Ugandan market on the way home. Kay, Cheryl, Pam and Fred. We rode with Mark in the jeep and went to the market which was at least 3 city blocks long. It was very muddy since we had an afternoon monsoon. There were people EVERYWHERE!!! The market was a grocery store, home depot, Walmart, Belks (Ha Ha) with men, women and children's clothes. We almost stepped on a dead rat which was very well nourished I might add. We looked all over to get some jack fruit and finally found some. This fruit is very good and has a taste between a mango and pineapple. We passed a 14 passenger van (taxi) with live chickens tied to the top. (We found out that chickens can only be transported alive and not dead), so they were clucking. We passed a man on the side walk that had just killed a chicken. He was pulling the insides out and it was quite YUCKY!! The man laughed at me when I walked by since I guess he thought he would gross me out, thank God, Carol Kimmons was not with us. She would have just died right there. On the way to Jinja, we saw an alligator in the river and could not take a picture because we were on the bridge and you can be arrested if you take a picture on the bridge due to the fact the Ugandans are "terror" conscious.
Well, we are off to the goat roast and are loading up with Deet, Yuck, but believe me it is better than malaria.
We are hoping that you are still praying for us and we hope that you have as blessful EASTER as we hope to have in Uganda. God Bless all of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well I finally found the follow button. I have read about your adventures regularly. Missy and Thomas are fine and dandy. I even tried to upload a picture of Missy.
ReplyDeleteI know you are having the time of your life. But NO MORE NILE RIVER RAFTING for you. Benjy, the girls and I pray for your purpose and safety in Uganda.
Tish
You're the best blogger! or whatever you call it. Thank you so much for keeping us updated on your daily activities. You deserve to get lots of responses...Hope you stay safe and don't pick up any Ugandan bugs. It's a beautiful Easter Day here. Enjoy and be blessed by Week 2. I know the children love you as much as you love them. May God Bless You as you serve HIM.
ReplyDeleteLove, Sandra K