Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's already Tuesday?

Well I am so glad to be writing this note to all my family and friends who have supported and helped me live out one of my life dreams. Ok so besides the long plane rides and no sleep, things are awesome. We were greeted yesterday by all the children as we came into Good Shepard's Fold with music and singing. It took me a minute or two before I could get off the bus because I was overwhelmed with emotion. The scenery out our porch is breathtaking. We have also seen some beautiful birds and monkeys from afar. Oh and there ARE snakes here, but we "should not" expect to see one. Today TUES so far we have taken a tour of GSF where we were able to meet a ton of the kids. Veronica a 1 yr old AIDs patient was so sweet. We have so many pictures that I can not wait to share. Well it is time for lunch. Afterwards we are sorting medical supplies and setting up the clinic. We will open tomorrow for patients. More later. Hugs and kisses from afar.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer! I am thrilled that you are there, and for all that you are doing! We are thinking about you everyday and praying for you and the team. We love you, J lo!! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer you are a delight! It is wonderful to hear things are going well! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Say hello to a monkey for me!

    (this is from Lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn/Aunt Jenni,

    We are so excited that you made it there okay - we are praying for you and can't wait to hear all about the trip, what you did and what you saw; daddy wants to know if you have taken a ride on an elephant yet? We love you! Sister Christian, Madison and Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend. Glad to hear that you survived the plane trip...now to get through the next few weeks without seeing a snake....I doubt it. I know you and your group went to be a blessing but I have a feeling each of you will come away just as blessed and CHANGED. Things here will take on a new meaning when you return. Miss ya, especially at lunch!!! Press on and God bless. Love ya friend!!! KIM

    ReplyDelete