Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday

Today we went into Jinja to go shopping and have lunch. It's like going to Myrtle beach only the shops are very old and in bad shape of disrepair. We ate lunch at a place called Ozzies it's run by an australian lady. We ordered our food at 1pm and I was the last to be served and got mine at 3pm. I will never complain about the wait in the USA again. It rained very hard while we were there and the streets were like rivers. We also visited the catholic hospital, the Jinja hospital and the children's hospital. They have very tiny rooms with 20 small beds pack into them. The lab had a couple microscopes and sterilizers and that was about it. There were people just lounging around in the yards as when the baby goes to the hospital the mom has to bring all the other children with her. It was very sad. There was some moms who just had babies 1 had twins very cute, her mom was there helping her. Another woman had a newborn that probably only wiehged 3-4 lbs in the crib next to her bed. It was very primitive compared to what we have in USA. Tonight we are having a bonfire and "goat" roast and the children are going to dance for us. It should be fun. I hope everyone has a great Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sheri! I'm so glad you're getting a chance to experience this!! I'm sure it's hard to put into words all that you're seeing and feeling, but I'm sure it will forever change you. God works in wonderful ways and I know He is doing great things through you!! Hugs!! Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Sheri!!!! I have to admit that when I heard you were going to be treated to a goat roast, my stomach turned a little bit for you!!! I'm glad you're feeling better and finally getting some down time to just relax. Wow, what an experience!!! Maybe someday I can go on a mission trip, but I'm afraid I'm not strong enough. I don't think I could handle seeing the difficulties that others live with on a daily basis and not just be forever heartbroken. I am so proud of you and know God is showering you with his love. Hug some of those beautiful children for me!!! XXOO, Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goat roast huh? Steve would go for it, not me, not as daring as your brother. A newborn at 3-4lbs! How scary for that mom, I know how scary it was for me to have that tiny of a baby and that was here where we have modern medical care and equipment. I will certainly lift them up in prayer. Love ya Chris

    ReplyDelete