Thursday, April 9, 2009
Thursday
Well today was the second day and we did much better than yesterday. Yesterday was over whelming and I was phisically, emotionally and spiritually wasted. The people were so poor and sick we sent 4 people to the hospital. So many sad cases. I questioned if God could even see these hurting people. Today was better this village was a little wealthier and not as sick. Also we were more organized. Only 2 people went to the hospital. The children at the orphanage are wonderful. SO happy and helpful. The highlight of my day is walking to the clinic in the m orning and getting high fives from the 3-5 yr olds. They swarm us and want to hug us and hold are hands they are so precious. Tommorrow is last clinic day this week then some time off to refresh and relax. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter wish I could be there to hunt eggs and eat ham love to all Sheri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Sheri, I am so touched and humbled by your posts!!! You are making such a huge difference in the lives of so many and I know you're a blessing to each person you touch. Just know that we are all lifting you up in prayer everyday, but more importantly, know that God is smiling down on your right now!! Hugs! Gerri
ReplyDeleteHi Sweetie, I check the blog every day to see if you have written. I am so glad that you have the chance to make a different's in the children's life. It is really a experence that not a lot of us have. We are praying for you every day. We will miss you on Easter. You and Amy and Lauren won't be here. I pray that you a a very blessed Sunday.Laura and James got a rabbit, Matthew wants to pick it up but he squeezes it to hard. Amy is getting called to sub at BCA, which will help them out. Well Honey I am going to close for now I will write you again tomorrow. We love and miss you. Love Mom
ReplyDeleteHi Sheri, I finally get to write you. You know me and computers. I had to get mom to walk me through setting up acct so I could write. I am so proud of you and all that you are doing. You are a lighthouse leading the lost to safty. Continue to let your light shine. You have such a great opportunity to reach the less fortunate and be an encouragement and a tremendous help. I know it must be hard and yet such an eye opener. -Life changing. I am looking forward to you coming home and hearing all about your trip. In the mean time, I will be lifting you up in prayer. Just know God is looking down on you and your team with much love and gratitude for being HIS hands to touch HIS people that HE loves so much. Be blessed Sheri. I love you very much. Your sister, Amy
ReplyDeleteHi Sheri, Wow,this is so cool. I love being able to send you blogs. Just wanted to let you know that I will not have access to a computer after today. Lauren and I fly out tomorrow morning for NYC. We will get home Tuesday. I check your blogs every day. I will miss hearing from you. I will catch up when I get home. Have a great Easter. I'll be thinking of you. Love you. Amy (Mom told you that BCA has been calling me to sub- I really enjoy it. Bobby also sold our trailer. God is always on time. We needed it for tuition and house payment. He is so faithful!!) Blessings, Amy
ReplyDeleteSheri, I just wrote you and I couldn't send it so am trying again. We are so proud of you and what you are doing. I talked to Aunt Sue this morning and told her about your being in Africa and she was so excited for you. The flowers are all out and it is so pretty. Are you in an area that has flowers? We are all praying for you and the group and just know that God is proud of you and what you are doing. Just keep your eyes on Jesus and he will give you grace, wisdom and favor. That is my prayer for you. Enjoy your trip to Lake Victoria. I have seen pictures of the falls and they are beautiful. Be Blessed, love Mom & Dad
ReplyDeleteHey there sister (in-law) I have been sick and all I have been doing is going to work and coming home and sitting. Mom has been keeping me up on what you have been writing. Like Amy I had to call Mom to see how I work this "blog" stuff. I'm not very technical. In thinking about you and this trip it is just so amazing that you got to do this. The love that you have always shown to our children and now you get to share that love with so many other babies and children. I'm sure that it hurts to see these innocent children in the shape that they are in, not just physically but in their surroundings, and only can do so much for them. Wanting to do more for them. You are doing just as God would want you to do, remember how the "important" people tried to keep the children away from Jesus and Jesus said no, let them come to me. He just had them close to Him where He could hold them and love on them. You are doing just that my dear sister, you have put yourself in a place where you can just bring the children (God's children) close to you and love on them. Everytime that you touch someone you are touching them with God's love. What a time to be doing this, the time when we celebrate the death and resurection of Jesus. Any how I love you and although I am going to miss you on Easter, (hey!!! who is going to help me with the dishes???!!!!) you are in the exact spot where you need to be. Love ya, Chris
ReplyDeleteHi Sheri , how are you doing? I hope all is well.We have been helping our friend Jonathon Faulkner and his family out this week his grandfather passed away on monday. We went over and helped to prepare food during the funeral they had noone to do that for them. We will miss you tomorrow you may not be there in body but you will be there. Love ya Steve
ReplyDelete