Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday in Uganda from the Kimmons

We are here safe and sound and glad to have the travel part behind us. Very comfortable climate so far, some thunderstorms in the evening. Had a tour of GSF this orning and met many of the children, what a blessing. I have pictures and wish I could post them here. Just finished a lunch of posho and beans, a traditional meal much like our grits and pinto beans.

Now we are getting designated for our jobs, and Kay Drew and I will be in Station One of the Clinic, teaching personal hygiene and dental care. John will be in the Evangelism Tent just before the patients get to the pharmacy for their medications. It's been a real blessing already to meet the missionaries and staff, and hear the stories of the children and how they came to be living at Good Shepherds Fold. Many break your heart. But everyone bears a huge smile. We have already learned much about happiness amidst poverty.

We are more dependant on your prayers than we thought. Many interferences from the enemy, so please hold us up.

Many are sharing this computer so we will try to update again but will be taking turns, and the computer is quite slow. We heard great news from the States that UNC won the NCAA and so three cheers for the Heels!!!

Love you all, John and Carol

7 comments:

  1. Carol,
    Love reading all these updates! Praying for all of you and your time with the children there. I'm so glad John is in the evangelism tent...perfect! Know that we are thinking of you guys constantly and lifting you up. Hug Cheryl Workman and Amy Hallisey for me, too...Cheryl went with Tripp a couple years ago, and Amy is in my small group! Thanks for being the aroma of Christ...may he meet you all over there in a profound way.
    Love you,
    Anna Kimbrough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am a friend (co-worker) of Jennifer...just wanted you all to know I am praying for each of you daily. Tell Ms. Jenn I said Hello and GO HEELS!!!! Love and Prays, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol and John, Thank you for taking the time to update us. Know that I have you all in my prayers and on my heart. Love to you both and sweet blessings, Pat Stovall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cheryl, Kay, Pam, Carol and John, and all you dear servants of the Lord,
    It is so wonderful to hear from you. I know the Lord is pouring His richest blessings on you as you serve Him. May His little children come to know HIM and His Love through the help you are taking to them.
    Sorry to hear about your glasses, Carol. I know the Lord will provide in His way.
    It is a pleasure to be praying for you!!
    Love,
    Sandra Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol: You just had to rub it in about the Tar Heels beating us Spartans! ;-) Love you and Praying for you ALL.
    ~Ron & Luann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys, so glad to have updates, can't wait to see the pictures when you get here, we'll have to have a big slide show...don't get too used to the thunderstorms! =) It was 105 today, in the shade, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. John and Carol, It is so wonderful to be able to read about your amazing adventures! I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing about your work. Let His light keep shining through you. Happy Easter! Peace, Debbie Nahser

    ReplyDelete