Monday, April 13, 2009
Well today was clinic day it rained all night so it was a little slow this morning. People trickled in slowly all day and we probably saw about 100. I saw a baby today that was 3months old and only wieghed about 10lbs. She looked like a newborn and was very sick probably hours from death. I told Caroline the GSF director she needed to go to the hospital and she said they didn't have a Dr today it was a holiday. Can you believe that. We sent her on and they admitted her with severe pneumonia and got her started on antibiotics and fluids. It was so sad. Pam and I made a housecall to the local village today. The family lived in a brick dwelling with a dirt floor and thatch roof. The dirt floor wasn't even either it had mounds abd dips. The Ja-Ja (grandma) was sick and needed meds but couldn't come to the clinic. When we got there about 10 kids ran up to the car waving and smiling. Inside however was a 7yr old girl lying naked on a hard bench and she probably only wiegh 14lbs. I cried. It broke my heart. We took her back to the orphange, cleaned her up, dressed her, fed her and she looked like another child. She was lying in a soft bed sleeping later that day. It's hard to believe that with all the wealth in the world children live like this. Thank God for GSF if they weren't here these children would never have a chance. God works miracles through them. Well it's time to eat so I have to go Love to all Sheri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sherry....thanks for the newsy message. I can't imagine what you're talking about....it is so touching, and makes us realize how much we have and how clueless we are of the suffering of others. We take so much for granted that isn't even in the thoughts of these poor people. YOu are all such a blessing to them. God Bless You.
ReplyDeletePLEASE do me a favor and wish Kay Drew a very happy birthday from me....Thanks much,
Sandra Kaye
Sheri,
ReplyDeleteSorry I misspelled your name!!!
Wish Kay a Happy Birthday from all of us! Tell her to write to us!
Thanks again.
Sheri,
ReplyDeleteOh man, I don't even know what to say, I am crying just to think of this honme that you walked into and that poor child. I can only imagine how that must have broken your heart Sheri. Unless one truly experiences that you don't know. I have so much admiration for you and what you are doing there. Keep loving God's people Sheri!!!
Chris
Sheri, I can't imagin what it is like over there. I am so glad that you are able to give these children some love and care. It really must be heartbreaking. I wish I could be with you so I could hold these children.As I write this I think of how cruel man is to let something like this happen. I just thank God that he is taking care of you and me. As you said thank God for GFS and other agency's like them. I wish I could do some thing like that. Amy got home last night about 12:00 midnight. Her flight was pushed back 3 times because of bad weather. There were storms running up the east coast. Take care and we love and miss you. Gods blessing on you and the whole team. Mom
ReplyDelete